Thursday 8 June 2017

Honey Steam Cake


I was asked by my sister to make her some fluffy cake. I was a bit too lazy to bake, as it is extremely hot here. So I decided to try with steam cake, and she was okay with it. And TADA this is the outcome of my steam cake. It is totally an easy one to make and in small quantity as she wanted to eat only :) As usual I ll just include the recipe here so I don't forget about it and still can make it in the future. Any way here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
A:
100ml milk ( I just used hot water with milk powder)
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cooking oil

B:
150g cake flour
20 g granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt

Method:
  1. Combine A and mix it together.
  2. Sift B and add in  A mixture 1/2 at a time and mix using a whisk. Do not over whisk it.
  3. Spoon mixture to cupcake liners (80% full). Drop them lightly to release air bubble.
  4. Bring your steamer to a boil and steam the cakes for 12- 15 minutes.
  5. Careful when removing the lid. Don't let the water drip on the cake. 
  6. Place the cakes on a wire rack to cool.

And it's done. Enjoy your steam cake with some tea. Yummy.  ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment